Fixed Navigation Bar

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Time for Reading

I have been drafting blog posts for About Books for more than eight years. During that time, I’ve searched for the best lists from authors, readers and others in a wide variety of genres and shared their recommendations.  Now that I am about to retire, I thought I would share with you my favorite authors and recent books that I hope to immediately read in my expanded leisure hours. There will be many, many others.

Dear Life: Stories by Alice Munro
The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri

Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin
And the Mountains Echoed by Khalid Hosseini

The World’s Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne

-         Pat Bangs, Fairfax County Public Library

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Dear Pat:

Wishing you a happy and active retirement. Enjoy your reading list. Thanks for being the leader of "Booktalk" at Tysons--my first-ever book group.

Best wishes,

Carrie Smoot