Fixed Navigation Bar

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Beyond March Madness

The brackets are selected, the games in full swing, and the next few weeks will see the crowning of 2012 NCAA men’s and women’s college basketball champions. It’s an exciting season for those passionate about the game. After the final buzzer sounds, if you still need a b-ball fix, here is some reading recommended by Marilyn Dahl, book review editor for Shelf Awareness and Justin Young in 10@10:National Hoops Report.

Can I Keep my Jersey?: 11 Teams, 5 Countries and 4 Years in My Life as a Basketball Vagabond by Paul Shirley

The Last Amateurs: Playing for Glory and Honor in Division I College Basketball by John Feinstein

My Losing Season by Pat Conroy

Brave Dragons: A Chinese Basketball Team, an American Coach, and Two Cultures Clashing by Jim Yardley

Blind Your Ponies by Stanley Gordon West

No comments: