Fixed Navigation Bar

Friday, April 02, 2010

Fiction: My Top 10 Books


Like many attracted to libraries, I’m a reader. About 20 years ago, I joined my first book discussion group and I have never looked back. At present, I’m in two. I often think about the books I have enjoyed most in the past decade and want to read again. Here’s my list (not in any order):

Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan

People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Bel Canto by Ann Patchett

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese

Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri

All Aunt Hagar’s Children by Edward P. Jones


If you are ready for a book group, the library offers many opportunities. Check our online calendar of events for current listings. For some book suggestions, check out Booklists for Adults and Web Sites for Readers on the library’s Web site.

- Pat

No comments: