Managing investments has become a lot more complex since last fall’s banking crisis and the economic downturn. The library’s collection of online business databases can help anyone who wants to make informed investment decisions:
● ProQuest ABI/Global contains U.S. and international academic and trade journals and newspapers covering business and economic conditions, corporate strategies, management techniques and product information.
● GALE Business and Company Resource Center includes company profiles, histories, chronologies, rankings, brand information, investment reports, ratios and articles on over 300,000 companies.
● EBSCOHOST Business Source Elite presents both local and global business news.
● GALE Computer Database covers computer-related product introductions, news and reviews in areas such as hardware, software, electronics, engineering, communications and the application of technology.
● Europa World Yearbook contains political and economic information about more than 250 countries and territories through background information, statistics and government and media contacts.
● Gale Directory Library provides listings for many industries. It includes these directory sources: Brands and Their Companies, Encyclopedia of Associations, Gale Directory of Publications and Broadcast Media and National Directory of Nonprofit Organizations.
Don’t Miss . . .
Thursday, May 14, 7 p.m. Tysons-Pimmit Regional Library
Model Investment Club of Northern Virginia. Learn more about investing following an investment club model. This group will meet on the second Thursday all year. New visitors welcome. Adults*