National Authors Day
It seems appropriate that these events also occurred on Nov. 1:
● Stephen Crane, the author of The Red Badge of Courage born in 1871
● William Shakespeare's "Othello" premiers in London in 1604
● William Shakespeare’s "The Tempest" premiers in London in 1611
● The first Library of Congress building opens to the public in 1897
● Eugene O'Neill's "The Emperor Jones" premiers in N.Y. in 1920
Don’t Miss . . .
Monday, Nov. 3, 12:30 p.m. at Kingstowne Library
Wii Games: Bowling. Join us for Wii Bowling cosponsored by the Kingstowne Center for Active Adults. Age 8 and up.
Thursday, Nov. 6, 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. at Oakton Library
Surviving the Holidays with Humor: Humor for the Caregiver's Soul. The holiday season can be stressful and challenging for families. Learn strategies for reducing stress and keeping the holidays a happy time for all. Presented by the Fairfax Caregiver Seminar Consortium. To register call 703-324-5205. Adults.
Thursday, Nov. 6, 7 p.m. at Sherwood Regional Library
Historical Perspectives: Special Pre-Veterans Day Program. Historian Carroll Gibbs presents a lecture and slideshow illuminating the role of the African-American soldier in World War I. Adults.