This week marks the official start of the baseball season, and those of you who like mystery novels might like to read some that are ballpark-related:
By Troy Soos:
The Cincinnati Red Stalkings
Hunting a Detroit Tiger
By Crabbe Evers:
Fear in Fenway
By Alison Gordon:
Safe at Home
Want more? NoveList is a fiction database that provides reviews, annotations, and much more for more than 135,000 novels. It also includes other content, such as author “read-alikes” (if you like that author, try this one), book discussion guides, and annotated book lists. If you have a Fairfax County Public Library card, you can access Novelist with your card number.
By the way, here are the answers to the quiz in last Tuesday’s posting, “Forty Years and Counting”:
(1) a. UCLA won the NCAA championship;
(2) b. “Michelle,” written by McCartney and Lennon won the Grammy that year;
(3) c. The Confessions of Nat Turner and A Garden of Earthly Delights were published;
(4) a. “In the Heat of the Night” was a popular film; and
(5) b. 33 cents was the average cost of a gallon of regular gas.